Find out about local recovery support on Eurobodalla Shire Council's website, www.esc.nsw.gov.au/recovery
- rebuilding and repairing
- fence repair
- financial support and grants
- case management support
- help for businesses.
Mental health support
Bushfires affect people in the community differently, and your reactions and feelings can change over time. There are things you can do to take care of yourself and your emotional wellbeing, or that of someone you care about.
For resources and contact details for local counsellors and helplines for anyone experiencing bushfire related challenges, visit the local Primary Health Network, Coordinare's website. Resources include:
- tips for looking after yourself and others
- community grants
- contact details for specific mental health services
- no-cost mental health options
- phone numbers for helplines that you can call right now.
Local case management service
The Eurobodalla Bushfire Recovery Support Service offers a single point of contact with a Case Management Officer who will provide practical and personal support to help manage recovery needs, access relevant services and assist in decision making.
The case manager can help you find the right services for your particular situation.
- T: 4474 7434
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hub: 46 Vulcan Street, Moruya (next to the pharmacy)
- Open: Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm
Eurobodalla Bushfire Recovery Support Service is run by Eurobodalla Council. It is one of seven recovery support services jointly funded by the NSW and Australian governments, supporting the communities most severely impacted by the 2019/20 bushfires.